I’ve experienced firsthand just how much the accounting, finance and information technology (IT) professions have evolved over the past few years, and continue to evolve. Many facets of technology have impacted roles, responsibilities and regulations across the country – and the world – in ways we never imagined.
As a result, businesses have become challenged in finding available quality talent that fits within the new expectations of these functions, putting professionals looking to change roles in a positive position. In fact, accounting, finance and IT professionals have a great advantage in the current corporate climate because of this.
That’s why, Brilliant is dedicated to keeping accounting, finance and IT professionals updated with the ever-changing information affecting their respective professions. This includes market trends and compensation data so they can fully assess their worth for the coming year.
Recently, Brilliant released its 2016 Salary Guides for accounting, finance and IT professionals within the greater Chicago market. And new this year, Brilliant released its first 2016 Salary Guide for accounting and finance professionals in south Florida.
The compensation information included in the Brilliant Salary Guides is based off of market trends and proprietary data collected by the firm. Below are a few of the highlights.
What does our research find?
- According to Brilliant research, we expect salaries in accounting and finance roles to increase between 4 and 5.3 percent for greater Chicago and south Florida.
- A surge in IT salaries will be seen as well – an average of just over 5 percent – for the greater Chicago market.
- Overall, our data indicates that 2016 will see a healthy increase in salaries for accounting, finance and IT roles, across all job functions, within the greater Chicago and south Florida labor markets.
What functions does this information include?
- For greater Chicago and south Florida, our salary guides include compensation for roles within Corporate Accounting and Finance from operational support through Chief Financial Officer.
- For greater Chicago and south Florida, our salary guides include compensation for roles within Public Accounting including tax services and audit.
- For greater Chicago, our salary guides include compensation for Information Technology including roles in Database administration to security to software development to consulting and systems integration.
Where can you access our 2016 Salary Guides?
- Download any of our 2016 Salary Guides on the Brilliant website here.
- Email email@example.com to request a copy.
- Call our Chicago office at 312.582.1800, our Schaumburg or Oak Brook office at 847.805.5100, or our Fort Lauderdale office at 954.380.8720 to speak to a team member today.
- Follow our social media pages on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
What are your thoughts on the salaries for accounting, finance and IT professionals in 2016? Comment below and let us know!