Senior Finance/SEC Reporting Director
This hands-on Senior Finance/SEC Reporting Director with a CPA has extensive experience in both corporate and public accounting. Expertise includes SEC reporting, technical accounting research, standards implementations, mergers and acquisitions and revenue recognition. Industry experience includes manufacturing, oil & gas, architectural/engineering, technology services and Big 4. Systems experience includes SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workiva/Desk, Hyperion, Essbase and SharePoint.
Additional qualifications include:
- Managed Topic 606, leasing matters, and Topic 842, expected credit losses and Topic 326, consolidation, non-controlling interests, segmentation, deferred taxes, pensions, cost allocation, variable interest entities, derivatives and fair value accounting
- Researched, analyzed and implemented new accounting pronouncements from FASB, EITF, SEC and AICPA to determine impacts on clients
- Prepared memorandums and presentations to upper management on the accounting treatment of significant transactions such as accounting issues primarily related to acquisitions, divestitures, derivatives, leases, consolidation issues, special purpose entities, variable interest entity issues, debt, revenue recognition, earnings per share, segmentation and accounting for impairment triggers
- Structured transactions from a U.S. GAAP/EITF/DIG/SEC compliance accounting perspective around power assets such as coal-fired and gas-fired cogeneration facilities at an Energy company
- Determined the proper accounting treatment for coal and gas purchase agreements, power sales agreements and operating and maintenance agreements
- Managed accounting models evaluated in determining the proper accounting treatment were mark-to-market, accrual and lease accounting.
- Completed the scoping, gap analysis and implementation of CECL and ASC 326 for a publicly traded financial institution
- Researched and implemented revenue recognition (ASC 606) and lease accounting (ASC 842) for a multi-media firm
- Prepared technical accounting white papers related to cost allocations, basis of financial statement presentation, income taxes, pensions and postretirement benefits, derivatives, leases, consolidation issues, special purpose entities, variable interest entity issues, debt, revenue recognition, earnings per share, segmentation and share-based compensation
- Drafted and reviewed SEC filings to ensure proper disclosure and letters to the SEC on various accounting matters
- Performed international secondment including SEC filings on Form F-1, Form 6-K, Form 20-F, and Form F-3
- Consulted with clients in Indonesia and assisted those clients with their respective IPOs in the U.S.
- Prepared five years of restatements, including forms 10-K and 10-Q, resulting from the following changes in accounting policy; share-based compensation, discontinued operations, restructuring and disposition of assets
- Performed quality review and enhancement of the internal control assessment under Section 404 of SOX
- Identified action plans to address internal control deficiencies
- Tested operational, information systems and financial controls