This bilingual (English & Spanish) Nonprofit Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting has more than 10 years of experience in the Accounting function. Recent experience includes managing team growth and efficiencies through standardization and building strong relationships with customers. Industry experience includes nonprofits. Systems experience includes NetSuite, Blackbaud – Financial Edge, Blackbaud – Raiser’s Edge, Sage Accounting Software, Concur, QuickBooks and Salesforce.
Additional qualifications include:
- Built the first operating budget for the organization
- Completed Audit and 990 reporting for the organization
- Created several supplemental reports to allow the executive team and Board of Directors to understand financial reporting
- Promoted from Accounting Manager and managed a team of 10 direct reports
- Trained and developed staff in SFS, maintained 30-60-90-day plans updated for each position and assisted in the creation of annual SMART goals
- Led efforts in onboarding new chapters to work with SFS and ensured policies and procedures were created and followed