Corporate Controller, Accounting Director
This results-oriented Corporate Controller has a diverse background in public and corporate accounting. Expertise includes both GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements, leading accounting operations, forecasting, planning and reporting and evaluating opportunities for process and reporting improvement. Recent experience includes successfully completing five projects as a consultant of Brilliant Management Resources.
Additional qualifications include:
- Authored multiple white papers, and is strong with technical accounting research
- Spearheaded the transformation efforts to streamline and standardize processes across 11 manufacturing plants
- Managed procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, manufacturing and financial reporting processes
- Implemented a corporate governance program for SOX, ensured all processes were documented properly and managed subsequent outside audits
- Authored technical accounting memos for segment reporting during a global acquisition and creation of an American subsidiary including significant research and partnership with external audits
- Prepared footnotes, disclosures and memos for concentration of AR, liabilitiesmand loans outstanding, minimum lease payments, subsequent events and ASC 606
- Evaluated Goodwill Impairment in a GAAP and IFRS environment
- Accounted for intercompany transactions including eliminations and transfer pricing considerations, as well as for mergers and acquisitions
- Led and participated in multiple system implementations including PeopleSoft, Sage Timberline, Great Plains and HBOC Star
- Led and coached teams of up to 10 individuals in the finance and accounting functions including AP, AR, payroll, general accounting and finance
- Compiling financial statements and reporting results to management.
- Calculate GAAP and IFRS differences, as well as prepare appropriate disclosures
- Provided financial results and covenant information to PE owners