Chief Accounting Officer
This seasoned Chief Accounting Officer with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Accountancy has more than 25 years of experience as a finance executive. Expertise includes leading transformational change, resolving complex issues and partnering cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals. Industry experience includes retail, health care, real estate and wealth management.
Additional qualifications include:
- Led a large-scale, complex, cross-functional zero-based budgeting project which resulted in 4x targeted savings
- Led the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and related information to internal (management and Audit Committee) and external (SEC and lender reporting) users.
- Prepared, reviewed and presented all required SEC filings to Audit Committee meetings and to Board for required transactions
- Transitioned from fully on-site department (excluding offshore) to fully remote working during pandemic with no control failures or loss of productivity; increased communication through rotating skip-level meetings and regular business update calls
- Leveraged existing offshore relationship to 68% outsourced (mainly transactional areas) for incremental savings and to allow faster synergies for acquired subsidiaries
- Performed periodic review and quality control over offshore to ensure continued goals of finalized structure after five-year implementation journey,
extended for five ears
- Championed expanded internal finance RPA team to implement new tools and process improvement; trained users to automate their own functions
- Managed the annual audit process and worked for continued savings and efficiencies; facilitated communication on key audit issues with other parties