Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist
This up-and-coming Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist is bilingual (English & Spanish) and pursuing a bachelor’s degree and has worked mainly in the construction industry. Recent experience includes identifying and recording field progress transactions to generate revenue reports for management. Systems experience includes Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, SharePoint, ImageNow, Broker, Top Shelf, Crystal Reports, Internet and Spectrum.
Additional qualifications include:
- Researched and analyzed construction projects and account activities to recognize and resolve discrepancies
- Worked with internal departments such as operations and sales, as well as participated in conference calls to provide feedback on outstanding balances
- Reviewed contracts and evaluated contract terms, unit costs and accounting principles to bill customers accurately on their billing portals
- Reviewed contracts to make sure that the work/payment terms were stated to protect the company’s best interests
- Managed overhead expenses associated with contracts, material costs, project contingency funds, forecasting and analyzing profit margins
- Experienced with work tickets, change orders and other contractual changes
- Settled outstanding account balances including working with customers proactively through evaluating schedules and conducting analysis.
- Exceeded aging balance expectations by constantly maintaining and working on an aging balance; worked to keep balances within 30 days which resulted in increased revenue, savings and working capital
- Maintained great working relationships with customers and worked with customers and construction managers for project approvals meeting deadlines, which led to additional construction contracts/ renewals
- Created financial reports this includes working in Excel to create reports and data analysis (i.e. pivot tables, conditional formatting, v-lookups, and other complex excel reports)
- Created Invoices to match billing needs