Accounting & Finance Consultant
This analytical Accounting & Finance Consultant/MBA/CMA has extensive experience in the accounting and finance function. Expertise includes working in the client-facing relationship management capacity, performing financial analysis and managing internal audit, public accounting, equity research, quantitative analysis and fund accounting. Systems experience includes Excel.
Additional qualifications include:
- Created a Financial Modeling Excel template to build complete financial statement forecasts, value companies using several methods and produce reliable historical and forecast reports
- Built a multi-factor model to identify companies with high-risk characteristics
- Generated valuation scenarios to quantify future Sales and EBITDA levels needed to justify stock prices and benchmarked to industry history
- Experienced in REITS and investor reporting
- Performed business valuations and advised clients on potential acquisitions by creating projected earnings and discounted cash flow models
- Led audit, review, and management advisory engagements for midsize clients in the manufacturing, printing, banking, information services, hospitality, and retail industries.
- Directed operational and internal control audits of sales offices, distribution centers, accounts payable facility and advertising agencies
- Identified internal control improvements that led to annual cost savings at accounts payable processing centers, distribution centers and advertising agencies
- Prepared annual analysis of worldwide advertising agency expenditures, an analytical tool used extensively by senior management during agency negotiations
- Provided stock recommendations, company analysis, and customized investment solutions to investment portfolio managers and analysts
- Applied fixes for complicated accounting issues such as research and development, pension and post-retirement benefits, large equity investments and financial subsidiaries
- Implemented a purchase and pooling acquisition accounting enhancement, which resulted into an improved measure of cash flow and valuation of acquisitive firms
- Constructed an Excel-based solution to create monthly department-level budget to actual reporting and consolidated financial statements
- Developed a long-term Financial Forecast Model including a 10-year income and cash flow forecast.
- Designed a process to forecast, monitor, and aggregate IT Project costs across regions
- Developed a customized Excel-based solution, utilizing Visual Basic, to capture IT project cost data and produce aggregate-level project reports for senior management
- Advised on design of quantitative software targeted toward fundamental research analysts and portfolio managers