|Job Number: ||120037 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Northbrook, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: || |
|Job Post Date: ||02/10/2019 |
A growing Real Estate organization with accomplished leadership is seeking a strong Property Accountant to join its progressive firm. The Property Accountant will report to the Regional Accounting Manager and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data for multiple commercial properties.
• Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements for multiple assigned properties.
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
• Prepare and review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
• Prepare and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
• Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
• Evaluate monthly financial results noting business results and trends.
• Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
• Assist with monthly board reports.
• Act as a resource during the annual audit.
• Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls.
• Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 1 years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression.
• CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
• Real Estate Industry experience required.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with Yardi preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities