Accounting Manager - Revenue/Consolidations
|Job Number: ||119962 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors Degree |
|Job Post Date: ||01/15/2019 |
A publicly traded organization with global operations is seeking an Accounting Manager – Consolidations to join its corporate accounting team. The Accounting Manager - Consolidations will report to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for managing the consolidations process:
• Consolidations of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and budgets from multiple divisions
• Eliminations and top side journal adjustments, post close adjustments, reconciliations & analyses, roll-forwards, fluxes, and ad hoc reporting
• Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis
• Prepare monthly reports of results, forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning
• Audit Liaison for corporate headquarters and liaison to local division controllers and general managers
• Analysis of monthly reporting for parent company and multiple divisions
• Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly
• Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported
• Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies
• Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management
• Assist in the completion of special projects
• BS degree in Accounting required and CPA preferred.
• 5 years of experience in public accounting, with experience working on publicly traded clients or related consolidations experience within a corporate environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
• Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
• Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
• Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
• Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities