|Job Number: ||119853 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Management Resources |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Contract |
|Degree: ||Bachelors in Accounting |
|Job Post Date: ||12/12/2018 |
Changing economies, new accounting policies and evolving tax regulations mean business and professional services firms are facing an ever-changing business landscape. Our client, a global financial services leader is looking for a strong Technical Sr. Accountant in the areas of FASB 606 Revenue Recognition and Lease Accounting FASB ASC 842. The Technical Sr. Accountant will be a hands on individual with significant corporate accounting background able to analyze and resolve foundational technical accounting issues. Does this describe you as a potential candidate? Are you the “go to” individual for all technical accounting questions? Please apply!
TECHNICAL SR. ACCOUNTANT CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist contract reviews for lease (specific to new FASB standards)
• Supporting aggressively tight accounting cycles from high volume of journal entries, recons, variance analyses and explanations to review of financial statements.
• Revenue recognition projects including interpreting and application of the guidance to current accounting processes and systems, gap analysis and support of testing appropriate changes.
TECHNICAL SR. ACCOUNTANT CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA/MBA is preferred
• Demonstrable process re-engineering and improvement experience
• Excellent organizational, research and communication skills
• 5 years’ corporate accounting and/or relatable experience
• Advanced technical experience to work autonomously with little guidance
• Accuracy in daily work and other projects
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
• Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!
Apply Now Back to Opportunities