Director of Accounting
|Job Number: ||119766 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Management Resources |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Contract |
|Degree: ||Bachelors in Accounting |
|Job Post Date: ||11/30/2018 |
Our client, a global firm is in immediate need of a Senior Manager for statutory and financial reporting analyses. The Senior Manager is someone who is a leader in critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills. The ideal candidate will have strong corporate statutory accounting and systems experience. The Senior Manager will build and manage a team of professionals. If you embody these qualities and desire a challenging but rewarding opportunity for a consulting engagement, we want to hear from you!
SENIOR MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and conduct the statutory reporting process for numerous entities.
• Oversee a team responsible for all month end close including journals, recons and any ad hoc reporting for GAAP to STAT.
• Will be lead resource for company’s external/internal reporting requirements.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of GAAP, FASB and SOX Compliance and any impact on financial reporting.
• Provide guidance and actively lead any communication regarding research in accounting and financial reporting policies.
• Take an active role in the oversight of the accounting/finance team(s).
• Demonstrates high acumen for interpersonal skills in a team environment.
SENIOR MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or related field
• CPA certification is required
• Experience in financial services and/or insurance industry is strongly preferred
• Prior management experience preferred
• Proven experience in building teams and developing talent
• 5 years’ in an accounting/finance role
• Strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Accounting Manager
• Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!
Apply Now Back to Opportunities