|Job Number: ||119693 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Management Resources |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Contract |
|Degree: ||Bachelors Degree Accounting |
|Job Post Date: ||11/15/2018 |
Our client, a healthcare firm in the downtown Chicago area, is in immediate need of an Accounting Manager for year-end audit and financial reporting production and analyses. The Accounting Manager is someone who is a leader in critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills. The Accounting Manager will be able to navigate through ERP systems, provide commentary on the research, disclosures, and communicate effectively with external audit personnel. The ideal candidate will have strong corporate accounting and systems experience.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly/annual external filings.
• Assist in financial reporting for separate entities including review of acquisition documents, data integration.
• Establish and implement reporting requirements.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of GAAP, FASB and SOX Compliance and any impact on financial reporting.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, schedules, etc.
• Provide guidance and actively lead any communication regarding research in accounting and financial reporting policies.
• Provide process improvement guidance to the team to increase overall efficiency, accuracy and completeness.
• Demonstrate problem solving by understanding the entire situation through input from various points of view (high level strategic execution) and assessing all alternative scenarios.
• Demonstrates high acumen for interpersonal skills in a team environment.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• CPA certification is preferred
• 5 years’ in a finance role
• Strong detail oriented individual
• Strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills
• Understanding of advanced accounting topics
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
• Public Accounting experience preferred
• Experience with financial planning systems and ERP preferably PeopleSoft
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Accounting Manager
• Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!
Apply Now Back to Opportunities