Cost Accounting Director
|Job Number: ||119688 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Lake Forest, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors in Accounting |
|Job Post Date: ||11/15/2018 |
An industry leading manufacturing organization is seeking a strong Cost Accounting Director to join its accounting team. The Cost Accounting Director will report to the Controller and will be responsible for overseeing standard costing, inventory and fixed asset accounting functions of multiple plants.
• Monthly reconciliation of perpetual inventory to General and Subledgers
• Monthly analysis and reconciliation of cost of goods sold
• Validate accuracy of weighted average item costing
• Participate in and report on quarterly and annual physical inventories
• Work closely with the manufacturing departments to ensure transactions are recorded properly
• Assists with internal and external audit by pulling selected documentation and ensuring proper support is provided
• Ensure standards (and thus margins) are accurate
• Continuous Review of BOMs with Engineers
• Calculate Quarterly Direct Costing – Direct Labor & Overhead to be capitalized into Inventory
• Monthly & Periodic Freight Analysis, costs by product line; confirm rates we charge to customers recovers costs where appropriate
• Additional duties as assigned
• BS degree in Accounting preferred.
• 10 years of experience in accounting with a manufacturing organization.
• Knowledge of and skill in cost accounting principles.
• Ability to detect and document weaknesses in internal controls.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
• Strong analytical and accounting research skills
• Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
• Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
• Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities