|Job Number: ||119676 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Management Resources |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Contract |
|Degree: ||Bachelors Degree Accounting and Finance |
|Job Post Date: ||11/14/2018 |
Our client, an insurance services firm in the Chicago Loop is in immediate need of a process oriented Reinsurance Senior Accountant for project work. The need is for an interim project for six months, and the Senior Accountant will be reporting to the Accounting Manager. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will be supporting technical accounting and reporting related to the net underwriting results of the organization on a STAT and IFRS basis. The Senior Accountant responsibilities and requirements are listed below:
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete statements, including reconciling premiums and claim accounts, settling reinsurance balances, recording reinsurance contracts, communicating with outside providers.
• Assist in the execution of audited financial statements and respond to data requests for external audits and state audits.
• Stay current with IFRS and STAT accounting policy changes and ensure adherence to reporting requirements.
• Archive records to satisfy audit and statutory requirements
• Assist in project work as assigned.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
• CPA certification is preferred
• 5 years’ of insurance industry experience preferred.
• 5 years’ knowledge and experience in dealing with various insurance programs.
• 5 years’ knowledge and understanding of Statutory Accounting
• Accuracy in daily work and other projects
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Accounting Manager
• Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!
Apply Now Back to Opportunities