|Job Number: ||119562 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Schaumburg, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors Degree |
|Job Post Date: ||01/07/2019 |
A growing family owned company is seeking a hands on Controller to join its accounting team. The Controller will report to the Owner and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. .
• Overall leadership and direction of the accounting staff, consisting of a team of general ledger accountants and clerical professionals.
• Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
• Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
• Review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
• Prepare, review, and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
• Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
• Evaluate monthly financial results with CFO & Controller noting business results and trends.
• Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
• Assist with monthly board reports.
• Lead the annual audit process and direct staff accordingly.
• Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls.
• Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 5 years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression and past supervisory experience.
• CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
• Experience with inventory - manufacturing, distribution, retail, CPG, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with ERP and reporting systems required.
• Excellent communication skills.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities