|Job Number: ||119535 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Skokie, IL |
|Job Type: || |
|Degree: ||Bachelors in Accounting |
|Job Post Date: ||10/30/2018 |
A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Staff Accountant - Payroll to join its accounting team. The Staff Accountant - Payroll will report to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll and the preparation of financial accounting data related to payroll.
• Assist with the accounting close process including the preparation of journal entries related to payroll and benefits, account reconciliations, and variance analysis
• Manage bi-monthly payroll process including drafting and reconciling of payroll journal entries and serve as third party payroll software administrator and contact for the company
• Manage new hire on-boarding process, benefits administration, and employee payroll-related questions
• Conduct financial analysis on consolidated and project company results, including providing ongoing support for accounting manager and controller
• Monitor and maintain compliance with accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles
• Respnosible for any HR/401k related audits, payroll related compliance and payroll-tax filings
• Assist in investor and ad-hoc financial reporting requests
• Help improve and maintain internal controls
• Perform technical and accounting research surrounding a myriad of accounting issues
• Additional duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 1 years of related accounting and payroll processing experience with demonstrated progression.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities