Financial Reporting Manager
|Job Number: ||119273 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors Degree |
|Job Post Date: ||11/20/2018 |
A publicly traded organization with global operations is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager (SEC Reporting) to join its progressive corporate finance team. The Financial Reporting Manager will report to the Director of External Reporting and will be responsible for managing the external reporting process.
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Manage the preparation and coordination of SEC 10-Q/K filings including all financial statements, footnotes and Management’s Discussion & Analysis.
• Maintain internal controls for reporting processes and SEC filings.
• Research potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures.
• Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes.
• Ensure support to key customers, including Treasury, Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed.
• Support the development and maintenance of accounting policies; provide guidance on internal controls.
• Provides external reporting information to regulatory authorities as required and necessary.
• Execute XBRL filing procedures.
• Lead/participate in special projects as assigned.
The Financial Reporting Manager will possess the following qualifications at a minimum:
• BS degree in Accounting required and CPA preferred.
• 5 years of experience in public accounting, with experience working on publicly traded clients or related SEC reporting experience within a corporate environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
• Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
• Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
• Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
• Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities