Senior Tax Accountant
|Job Number: ||119184 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Coral Gables, FL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors in Accounting |
|Job Post Date: ||11/20/2018 |
A global technology company is seeking a strong Senior Tax Analyst to join its progressive corporate tax team. The Senior Tax Analyst will report to the VP Tax and will be responsible for tax compliance, accounting, and research/planning in various federal, state, and international areas.
The Senior Tax Analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Help prepare Federal, State, and International tax returns, extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments at the corporate level and for related subsidiaries.
• Review, prepare, document and organize tax workpapers for income and franchise tax returns.
• Respond to taxing authority notices on tax matters.
• Maintain tax calendar to assure all tax returns and tax payments are filed timely.
• Perform tax research for tax audit defense and state tax law updates.
• Interact with each entity’s accounting department to gather the necessary financial information for tax returns and tax estimates compliance.
• Prepare tax information request package for each entity.
• Assist in review of annual tax provision calculation and ASC740 analysis.
• Assist in federal and state tax audit defense.
• Improve and coordinate processes related to fixed asset maintenance for tax books.
• Update and maintain tax preparation software.
• Identify and coordinate tax savings opportunities in non-income tax areas (e.g. property, sales and use, payroll).
The Senior Tax Analyst will possess the following qualifications at a minimum:
• Bachelor&39;s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Master&39;s Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus
• Minimum 2 years&39; tax experience required
• Experience in both public accounting and industry experience are preferred
• C.P.A. preferred
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
• Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
• Excellent writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills; solid team player
Apply Now Back to Opportunities