|Job Number: ||119142 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: || |
|Job Post Date: ||11/20/2018 |
A global professional services organization is seeking a qualified Collections Specialist to join its A/R team. The Collections Specialist is responsible for monitoring on a daily basis the collection and follow-up of aged receivables for a variety of clients across the business.
• Meet with internal managers to review their receivable status and discuss the collections of aged receivables.
• Contact and follow-up with clients with aged receivables on a daily basis. Discuss nature of outstanding balance; provide any and all backup to client to confirm balances and expedite payments; discuss remittance terms; offer/recommend payment plans to satisfy outstanding balance, with management approval.
• Develop and maintain on-going professional working relationship with clients to ensure account remains in current receivable condition.
• Create and record detailed notations daily in automated collection system regarding status of collection activity; schedule when to follow-up with clients; run daily reports.
• Investigate and analyze client payment history through reports to determine the next level of follow-up needed, review payments received and posted to client accounts; assist the Accounting Department with cash application if required.
• Analyze monthly Aged Receivables Reports to identify those clients who need to be contacted.
• Notify the Credit & Collections Manager and of any invoice/balance being disputed by client.
• Collaborate with billing staff to ensure accuracy and timely transmittal of invoices.
• Partner with billing department to identify and coordinate resolution of billing issues associated with assigned clients.
• Responsible for the review and creation of analytical receivable reports and various spreadsheets.
• Bachelor&39;s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related major preferred.
• 2 years of experience in business to business collections required.
• Prior large ERP experience required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office&39;s Excel and Word.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
• Sense of urgency & ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
• Must be both an independent thinker and a team player.
• Strong problem solving skills.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities