Accounting and Operations Manager
|Job Number: ||118738 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors Degree |
|Job Post Date: ||10/18/2018 |
A small boutique consumer products organization is seeking an Accounting and Operations Manager to join its corporate team. The Accounting and Operations Manager will report to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing a mix of accounting, finance, HR, and operations responsibility.
• Overall leadership and direction of the accounting function, consisting of hands on work.
• Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
• Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
• Review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
• Prepare, review, and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
• Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
• Evaluate monthly financial results with CEO noting business results and trends.
• Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
• Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls.
• Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 5 years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression
• CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with ERP and reporting systems required.
• Excellent communication skills.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities