Senior Accountant - SEC Reporting
|Job Number: ||117769 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors in Accounting Accounting |
|Job Post Date: ||10/18/2018 |
A publicly traded organization with global operations is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst/Accountant (SEC Reporting) to join its progressive corporate finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst/Accountant (SEC Reporting) will report to the Director of External Reporting and will be responsible for supporting the external reporting process.
• Assist with the preparation and coordination of SEC 10-Q/K filings including all financial statements, footnotes and Management’s Discussion & Analysis.
• Maintain internal controls for reporting processes and SEC filings.
• Research potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures.
• Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes.
• Ensure support to key customers, including Treasury, Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed.
• Support the development and maintenance of accounting policies; provide guidance on internal controls.
• Provides external reporting information to regulatory authorities as required and necessary.
• Execute XBRL filing procedures.
• Lead/participate in special projects as assigned.
• BS degree in Accounting required and CPA preferred.
• 2 years of experience in public accounting, with experience working on publicly traded clients or related SEC reporting experience within a corporate environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
• Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
• Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
• Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of users with different backgrounds and languages.
• Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities