|Job Number: ||117644 |
|Offered Through: ||Brilliant Financial Search |
|Job Location: ||Chicago, IL |
|Job Type: ||Permanent |
|Degree: ||Bachelors Degree |
|Job Post Date: ||01/28/2019 |
A growing, dynamic hospitality organization is seeking a strong Staff Accountant to join its progressive corporate accounting team. The Staff Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the following:
• Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries.
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Support operational accounting personnel in the areas of A/P, A/R, or Payroll as needed.
• Assist with monthly preparation of financial reports and financial statements under the guidance of senior level accounting personnel.
• Act as a resource during the annual audit by providing supporting documentation as requested.
• Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
The Staff Accountant will possess the following qualifications at a minimum:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 1 years of related accounting experience with demonstrated stability.
• CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
Apply Now Back to Opportunities