This strong Staff Accountant has 15 years of experience in the financial services industry. Recent experience includes leading a project that automated more than 200 daily incoming credit card transactions, resulting in the elimination of over 32 hours of work per week. In addition, this individual spearheaded an optimization project clearing a large back-log of credit card payment and account discrepancies incurred by law firm payments on behalf of firm clients. This resolution required significant research and analysis and ultimately impacted tens of millions of dollars in transaction balances and more than $15 million in customer payments. Systems experience includes Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups and formulas).
Additional qualifications include:
- Established reports and spreadsheets to reconcile daily credit card transactions
- Created journal entries for accounts daily
- Researched outstanding items on general ledger accounts
- Collaborated with upstream and downstream customers to identify process efficiencies and advocate internal controls
- Evaluated customer issues to determine the best course of action benefiting both customer and the Credit Union