This Staff Accountant is a recent graduate with a 4.0 GPA and a master’s degree in Accounting from Northern Illinois University and is a CPA, CMA and data analytics certified. This candidate was responsible for multiple areas including processing payroll for 1,300 employees, booking monthly payroll entries and overseeing the implantation of UltiPro. After just four months in the payroll department, they were promoted to Staff Accountant and continued the growth of their career, taking on multiple new tasks.
Additional qualifications include:
- Worked with the HR team during UltiPro implementation and uncovered and corrected a system glitch that significantly impacted payroll runs
- Created a processing manual for UltiPro payroll runs and trained new payroll staff
- Backed up AR and AP functions and created Excel macros to streamline cash entries
- Led monthly variance analysis, identified and remedied root-cause variances
- Coordinated Concur implementation for AP and spearheaded all internal training
- Doubled workstream efficiency by creating Excel macros for automation