This Senior Accountant is a polished consultant with a blended background in accounting, analysis, tax and audit. This person’s career began in public accounting where they provided tax compliance services to multinational banking/investment firms. From there, they transitioned to a large, hedge fund service organization and prepared month-end financial statements for their investors. After leaving, they joined a financial tech firm and compiled the monthly reports and performed analysis on investment performance. Systems acumen includes Bloomberg, Total Return, GoSystem, CCH Axcess and Corptax, as well as writing queries to automate the uploading of large data sets.
• Reconciled month- and quarter-end close packages including reconciling bank statements, researching cash positions within Bloomberg, generating historical prices and doing some financial modeling based on investment performance depending on client requests
• Requested historical investment performance papers and legal documents to clean-up historical reporting
• Reviewed operating expenses on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Prepared documentation for audits and performed tax research on hedge funds
• Developed queries using internal software to automate large data sets on a monthly basis