This Controller/Accounting manager with a CPA is an experienced consultant and has worked for over 15 years in the nonprofit industry. A large percentage of that time was spent serving as a Finance Manager for all accounting, finance and board reporting. Expertise includes grant reporting, program reporting and property accounting. Systems experience includes QuickBooks, Peachtree (Sage), Business One SAP and Fund-Ez.
Additional qualifications include:
- Managed the financial reporting process including the posting of journal entries, preparation of account reconciliations and compilation of financial statements
- Facilitated audits by preparing audit work papers, report documents and reducing onsite audit costs
- Accounted for grants and endowments
- Performed light accounting for investment and land endowments; reviewed contracts and prepared reporting to show that they were using the funds appropriately
- Participated in defining and executing business strategies and fundraising activities of the organizations